FLUENT & GAM BIT (CFD Tools)
On this page
What will you learn?
- Introduction to CFD Analysis & GAMBIT Software : 2d and 3d Geometry Creation, Geometry Transformation
& clean-up, Real and Virtual Geometry Concept, Meshing in GAMBIT: Line mesh, face mesh, Volume mesh, Groups of volume mesh, Boundary layer mesh, Examining mesh for Element Quality parameters, Boundary Zone representation and Fluid Continuum Definition, Exercises on geometric modeling creation and meshing of complex geometries.
- Introduction to FLUENT: Solver Basics, Defining Boundary Conditions, Grid Adoption Technique, Grid Refinement, Problem solving techniques in FLUENT, Animation of results, Post processing procedure
- Simple Fluid Dynamics Problems : Flow through Venturimeter and Orifice meters, Hydrodynamic Lubrication, External Aerodynamics: Flow around Different geometric shapes, Turbulence models in FLUENT, Compressible flow around Airfoil with pressure far field boundary condition, Case study of 3‑D External aerodynamic analysis on car model and evaluation of Aerodynamic performance
- Heat-Transfer Analysis: Convective Heat Transfer in a Cross-flow Heat exchanger using periodic symmetry
Boundary condition, Turbulent Heat transfer in a pipe elbow, Conductive & convective Heat transfer and electronic cooling of Computer cabinet , Radiative heat transfer using various Radiation models
- Multiphase models: Multiphase models using VOF approach, Eulerian and Lagrangian approaches
- Turbo machinery problems: Single rotating Reference frame, Multiple rotating reference Frame using Air
Blower, Rotor-Stator Interface using Sliding mesh analogy for Steam Turbine, Single stage axial flow Turbo-machine using Mixing plane method, Basic turbo model-unstructured Geo-mesh technique, Low –speed centrifugal compressor, Case study of Mixed flow pump impeller
Fast Track — 4 Hrs / Day
Regular Track — 2 Hrs / Day
MTPs are open to engineering graduates/diploma holders, engineering students and working professionals with an appropriate background.
Admission open around the year
Fees & Scholarships
Admission Application Form pdf | 172.7 KB
- Training Manager
- Murali R
- 080 49065555