On this page
What will you learn?
- Introduction to design verification: Need for verification, verification process, challenges in verification, cost involved, time involved, verification methodologies and techniques, mission and goals of verification, verification plans, verification flow, verification guidelines, HDL, HVL, HDVL, System Verilog for design and verification, verification methodology manual, industry standard verification tools, Low power verification techniques.
- Introduction to System Verilog: System Verilog enhancements to Verilog 2001, Generations of System Verilog standard and enhancements for hardware design, System Verilog dot name and dot star enhancements, Case
study on instantiation example for complex ALU.
- System Verilog verification features: Built- in data types, new data types and operators, user defined types,
enumerated data types, System Verilog 2 state and 4 state data types, static and automatic variables, verification
advantages of 2 state date types, synthesis guidelines, structure declarations, assigning values, passing structures
through ports-synthesis guidelines, packed and unpacked arrays, array of structures, unions and packed unions,
dynamic & associative arrays, Case study on verification of memory.
- System Verilog procedural blocks: System Verilog specialised procedural blocks, latched procedural blocks,
sequential logic procedural blocks, synthesis guidelines, task and function enhancements, passing task/function
arguments by name. System Verilog procedural statements for design verification. Enhanced for loops, do while loops, continue and break, unique if else and priority if else, modeling FSM with System Verilog, Case studies on
complex FSM implementations
- Object Oriented Programming for verification: OOP terminologies, local and global variables, scoping rules,
System Verilog’s class data type-defining class objects, 80Hrs Rs.12000.00 public Vs private, class methods-inheritance, single inheritance, data hiding, building an object oriented test bench, Case studies on OOP.
- System Verilog assertions and interfaces: Assertions in System Verilog, assertion concepts, immediate and
concurrent assertions, controlling assertion messages, case studies on assertion based verification, System Verilog
interfaces, interface methods, verification with interfaces, Case study on ATM router interface.
- System Verilog randomization: Introduction, verification strategy using VMM, constraint details, common
randomization problems, random control, random generators, random device configuration, agent,
scoreboard, checker, driver, monitor and other functional layers, building a complete verification environment, Case
- System Verilog functional coverage: Introduction, coverage types, functional coverage strategies, simple functional
coverage example, cover group, coverage options, analyzing coverage data, measuring coverage statistics
during simulation, Case study on functional coverage
- Advanced verification techniques: Save verification cycles, bootstrapping the verification process, high-level modeling concepts, coverage directed generation, verification coverage, threads and mail boxes, program and clocking blocks, active and reactive regions, interprocess communication, advanced interfaces, Case study.
- Tools Used: Synopsys and Cadence Tools, NCSIM, ModelSim, VCS
Fast Track — 4 Hrs / Day
Regular Track — 2 Hrs / Day
MTPs are open to engineering graduates/diploma holders, engineering students and working professionals with an appropriate background.
Fees & Scholarships
- Manager - Training
- Murali R
- +91 80 4906 5555