On this page
What Will You Learn?
- Full custom physical design: Introduction, challenges and opportunities, nanometre designs, design flow, libraries, technology files, tool set up, industry practices and CAD tools. VLSI fabrication process and DSM/UDSM. Case study.
- Layout introduction: Introduction, MOS transistor layers, varies design styles, stick diagram, symbolic diagram, design rules-lambda and micron rules 180nm, 90nm, 65nm, 45nm. Layout and physical verification, type’s full custom layout — data path layout, custom digital layout, cell layout and analog layout. Case study.
- Digital layout design: Introduction, guide line of transistor layout, pMOS and nMOS transistor layout, CMOS transistor layout, sharing diffusion methods, optimization of schematic diagram using dual graph methods and Euler’s path. Combinational and sequential circuit layout, guard ring protection for digital circuits. Case study.
- Analog MOS circuits: Introduction, MOS Device characterization, CMOS current mirrors, single stage amplifier – common source amplifier, common drain amplifier and common gate amplifier. Design of differential amplifier and two stages CMOS Opamp. Design of resistors, capacitors and inductors. Case study.
- Analog layout design: Introduction, analog layout techniques, multi finger, interdigitization, axis of symmetry, common centroid, centroid of array, matched device technique, dummy devices on surrounding. Passive component layout — capacitor, resistor and inductor. Case study.
- Mixed signal layout issues: Introduction, floor planning of analog and digital components, power supply and ground pin issues, matching, shielding, interconnection issues. Case study 80Hrs Rs.12000.00
- Standard cell layout: Introduction, classification of STD cell, standard cell design consideration, cell setting, STD cell layout template creation. STD cell Performance for varies process corners, Case study
- Reliability issues: Introduction, electro migration, electro. migration reduction techniques, cross talk, effects of cross talk, IR drop, antenna effect, hot electron effect, latch up problem and latch up prevention. Case study
- Nanometer design issues and Layout: Introduction, mask error, optical proximities correction, phase shift masking, resolution enhancement technique, gate oxide integrity, metal erosion and metal over etching. Case study.
- Tools used: Synopsys HSPICE , Cadence Virtuoso, MATLAB, NanoSim, HSIM
Fast Track — 4 Hrs / Day
Regular Track — 2 Hrs / Day